There are also lots of great ways to get connected by volunteering within our Spirit of Peace UCC community!
Help with the Worship & Music Ministry: We make Sunday mornings happen!
- Prepare treats/coffee for after worship
- Serve as liturgist or “Bring in the Light”
- Greet people as they arrive
- Decorate the altar
- Copy the bulletin/maintain attendance sheets
- Help with set-up and clean-up (including chairs, hymnals, etc.)
- Help coordinate special services (Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Help coordinate special celebrations (birthdays, graduations)
- Serve as a guest preacher if Dave is away
- Share your musical talents – sing with the choir, play an instrument, perform a solo.
Help with the Missions Ministry: We plan, prioritize and coordinate our mission activities both locally and globally. There are opportunities for all ages to serve.
Some of our current projects include:
- Feeding the Homeless/Issaquah Community Suppers
- Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
- “Spirit of Peas” Pea Patch
- Heroes for the Homeless
- Backpacks for Children
- Camp Unity
- Ethiopia Reads
- Half the Sky Foundation
- Issaquah Community Services
- One Great Hour of Sharing
Help with the Children and Youth Ministry: We offer a progressive and dynamic ministry for kids of all ages!
- Assist with teaching Sunday School
- Volunteer to help with youth group activities
- Chaperone special youth group events
- Share your gifts/talents/expertise with our youth!
- Hold, rock, and play with babies and toddlers
Help with the Community Care Ministry: We care for and support those in our community who are in need of prayer, special assistance, or a helping hand -- both in times of struggle and celebration.
You could support others in our community through:
- Providing meals, transportation, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. for those in need.
- Visiting those who are sick, recovering from illness, or unable to leave their homes
- Sending cards that celebrate birthdays/graduations, etc.
- Newcomer’s Ministry – Welcoming and following up with visitors
Help with the Community Life Ministry: We plan and coordinate opportunities to come together in fellowship and fun!
- Help with the Annual All-Church Retreat
- Help coordinate special events like movie nights, potlucks, small dinner groups, social activities and sports teams.
Help with the Communication and Marketing Ministry: We ensure that those within our faith community and those who might be interested in joining our community have a clear understanding of who we are and what we do.
You could help:
- Maintain and update the Spirit of Peace website
- Maintain and update our Facebook Page
- Photograph special events and activities
- Help produce our weekly newsletter
- Help create our monthly calendar of events
- Keep the congregation informed about ministry opportunities, church business, organizational structure and activities of the church leadership.
- Maintain and update our church directory
- Help with internal and external publicity
Help with the Financial Stewardship Ministry: We manage and oversee all of the financial, investment or property-related interests of the church.
You could help with our:
- Stewardship campaign
- Budget and sustainability
- Investment strategy/asset management of endowments/special funds
- Site/Building issues (coordination with Pine Lake Community Center)
- Grant acquisition